With one glance at the selection of images I’ve assembled, one may notice that my items don’t necessarily scream fall fashion. A few perhaps, a couple more might be considered transitional, the rest are there just because I like them and it’s nearly autumn. But I digress. I promised a list and this is definitely what I’ve been loving lately. I believe I must be in a neutral phase as very little here could be considered a bold choice. But these nine items very much exemplify my style (with perhaps the exception of the glasses). These are a combination of things I’ve recently acquired and items on my wishlist.
- Lace top from Madewell. I purchased this a couple weeks ago and wore it this weekend. Love the grey, love the lace, particularly the weight. It’s feminine without being overtly so. I’m eagerly anticipating the new Alexa Chung for Madewell release on September 22.
- Short motorcycle boots by Jimmy Choo. On my wishlist. Boot perfection.
- Elie Saab, Le Parfum - Just released this August, his first scent. Selected by a couple savvy individuals who are mush better at choosing fragrances than I. I’ve received several compliments on it already. It’s a woodsy floral that is not at all overwhelming. And the bottle is beautiful!
- I’m obsessed with everything dark green at the moment, and this dress is no exception. Diane Von Furstenburg creates the most flattering silhouettes and I would love to add this piece to my collection.
- Alexander McQueen skull enamel cuff - If there is a piece of jewelry that I gravitate to and wear most often, it is a cuff in any incarnation. I have no idea why that is, but I really have a thing for them. I originally saw this bracelet in nude and mint, but I like the blue and black equally as well.
- Super Eyeglasses by Ciccio - I have these in a grey colour, and I’m decidedly on the fence about them. I kind of love the look of them, but not sure they suit me. I have a giant head and glasses are a challenging proposition. I imagine that I will require some semblance of actual glasses in the next few years and I’m attempting to prepare myself. These are my fake, practice glasses for now. I will take a photo of myself in them sometime and post the picture for some feedback. If I can gather the nerve.
- Emersonmade Cheetah Print Silk Blouse - I ordered this blouse the very day Emersonmade released their fall 2011 collection. It is gorgeous, in fact I am wearing it at this very moment. It is one of those pieces that you pull out again and again, because it is effortless to wear and pairs well with many things.
- Black Balenciaga Moto Jacket - I’ve lusted after this jacket for several years, and hope to eventually make it a reality. May still be wishful thinking, but a girl can definitely dream.
- J Crew nude patent loafers - I have a glaring gap in my shoe wardrobe, I own not a pair of loafers or brogues. Definitely going to rectify that for this fall, as they seem so practical for the season. Well maybe a bit less practical in nude patent, but these definitely caught my eye.